Sunday, February 20, 2011

Holiday Weekend

This long weekend we made a lot of plans, and so far I've been having a great time.

Friday night John watched Simon while Malachi and I went to Multiplaza (the local mall). There's a place there, full of large bounce house like activities, where you can drop off your child to play while you go shop. OR...you can take your child and watch them play. If they're under 4 you can go play with them. I had to sit outside and watch, but after he had a pretty good time. At first he didn't really know what to do or who to play with, and a little boy then yelled at him, and that certainly didn't help. Finally he watched another little boy do something, to which Malachi copied and then continued doing for 10 minutes, over, and over, and over. He eventually found a little girl to play with and spent the remainder of his time with her.

After about 40 minutes I told him it was time to go eat dinner. He wanted McDonald's, and since I've recently been on a no McDonald's kick I said no. However, I don't know if I picked something that was healthier for us. I took him to Oui Oui Crepes, he had a nutella crepe and I had a banana and chocolate crepe. After he stuffed his mouth full, didn't chew properly, and started chocking he got the hang of eating the crepe and enjoyed it. His came with M&M's which he thought was pretty special. After that we went home and he went to bed.

Last night John and I went out on a date. We were supposed to go to a movie and then dancing with some friends, but our maid told me when she got here that she had to leave early. She wanted to be home by 9:00, she had a good reason but I was pissed. I told her when we scheduled for last night that we were going to be out late. The dancing didn't start until 9:30. I didn't say anything to her about it for a couple of reasons. One, I didn't know if my Spanish was good enough to convey what I was feeling, and two, I didn't want to let my anger rule what I said.

I was determined to not let my anger towards P ruin what I could have with John. We had a good time at the movie, and then headed home. I told P before we left that we already had tickets and that the movie will be done around 9:00, and we'd head straight home. We did just that, and when we got home Malachi was still up...not good. Malachi shouldn't have been up that late! She knows that he goes to bed by no later than 8:00 on the weekends, she's babysat enough to know that. sigh Next time I guess I'll just have to be more thorough in giving her directions for the evening. Or...I could arrange for someone else to babysit.

We have some more fun plans for today and tomorrow.

1 comment:

Donna said...

So frustrating to have your baby sitter pull that when you've planned a night out.

But yay to the Nutella crepes - my kids love them too!