Monday, October 19, 2009

Week of Adventures

It's been a while since I updated. The last week has been interesting.

Wednesday I didn't do much because I was in extreme pain. It may have been the worst pain I've experienced since I got pregnant, it brought me to tears. Someone suggested on mamasource that the pain might be Symphysis Pubis Dysfunction (SPD) and I got really scared of that after reading the wiki info about it.

I called the Dr's office on Thursday morning because I really didn't want to wait until my next check up to talk about it. The office assistant asked if I'd experienced any discharge (sorry to anyone who's reading this that doesn't want to read this kind of stuff, it comes with pregnancy). I told her that my bladder has been leaking but I didn't know if anything else was. A little while later, after discussing my symptoms with a Dr she called back and told me to make my way to the hospital. I brought Malachi to a friends house and drove my way there.



After some tests and discussion with the Dr on call he told me it's not SPD but rather Round Ligament pain, yay! Also, I do just have a leaky bladder (supper leaky compared to the last pregnancy). The Dr released me and the nurse gave me a great list of symptoms that should make me call the Dr's office. Now if I'm experiencing anything that's not on that list, I can just wait until my next appointment. I was home by lunch time, but I was exhausted. Even though I spent most of the time there laying down it was an emotionally exhausting experience and it drained me. I don't think I did much more that day.

Friday morning I dropped Malachi off again at the same house as the previous day and made my way to the prenatal echo cardiogram that I had scheduled. I went in with no fear and then was told by the Dr that when a mother has a heart defect (I have a Ventricular Septal Defect (VSD)) it increases the risk of the baby having one. I didn't know that! All of a sudden my fear level rose. The Dr assured me that any major complications could be seen on a sonogram at this far in the pregnancy. However, he saw that everything was developing perfectly! Everything was the size it should be and the vessels going into and out of the heart are the perfect size and working like they should be. Anything major looks to be ruled out! Praise God! Anything minor can still develop but the pediatrician should be able to catch it when he's born. This time I was done and home before 10am but it was still an emotional couple of days and I was exhausted again.

I did make an awesome dinner that night (Chicken St. Pierre, broccoli salad, crusty salad and garlic mashed potatoes) and had a good friend over for it. In fact Sam made the potatoes and they were awesome!! After Malachi went to bed I watched the season premiere of Ugly Betty and I watched Rachel Getting Married for the first time. That was a hard movie to watch. I'm glad I did, but I don't know if I'll ever watch it again.

Saturday and Sunday were rainy and kind of blah. We did make it to our Pastor's house on Saturday morning/afternoon for Apple Baking. I made Apple Dumplings with a friend and the other things made were: Apple Cider, Apple Sauce, Apple Cake, Apple Pancakes, Apple Pie, and pizza. It was a very delicious day!

Sunday was a normal day. Today I had mom's group. I really started wilting toward the end, but I'm really glad I went. I haven't been sleeping very well the last few days. I've been waking up a lot through out the night. Tomorrow I'll be 23 weeks pregnant. Which leaves 17 weeks of pregnancy which is so crazy! In those 17 weeks we have a ton going on:

Trip to Dallas on Nov. 5th
Anniversary on Nov. 10th
Malachi's b-day on Nov. 23rd (his party is going to be on the 22nd I think)
Family in for Thanksgiving
Thanksgiving
John leaves for two weeks on the 30th for a Spanish Immersion trip in either Ecuador or Guatemala
Christmas
New Years
John's birthday
and then the birth!

I have a feeling that it'll be a very, very quick 17 weeks.

No comments: