Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Protected?



I hope so. Today Malachi and I got the H1N1 vaccine. Malachi needs to go get a booster in a month, adults don't need boosters. Malachi goes in for his four year well check on Dec. 2nd, so I think I'll just wait until then for the booster.

Malachi and I stood in line for two hours before we even got the paper work. He was amazing! I brought about ten books to pass time but I didn't think about bringing food or drinks. I really didn't think it would take that long. Malachi didn't whine or complain about the wait. He did tell me he was hungry, and he also told the mom next to us in line that he was hungry.

We were both injected six hours ago, and so far there have been zero adverse affects. Malachi's injection site looks great, I haven't checked mine yet.

In other news, I had my monthly Obstetrical check up yesterday. The baby's heart beat was very strong, I measured well, my blood pressure was good, and my weight is good. Everything was very positive. We did discuss the pre-term labor I had with Malachi a little bit. For now I don't have to worry about anything.

I do have to go in for another ultrasound on Nov. 30th to check the placement of my placenta (for those who don't know, if it's too low it can separate from my uterus and it would cut off contact between me and the baby), and the thickness of my cervix. If it's too thin they'll be putting me on bed rest, if it's thin enough they'll be sending me to the hospital. A thin cervix is the precursor to my water breaking. I assume that putting me on bed rest will delay that from happening. By the time I go in for the ultrasound I'll be one day short of 29 weeks along. If they do find something wrong it could mean anywhere from 7-10 weeks of bed rest. My mother-in-law has offered to take Malachi in case that happens. I'm praying hard that that wont happen.

I have the glucose test at my next check up in three weeks. With that test we can find out if I have gestational diabetes. With all the halloween candy I've been eating (yes, yes I know that it's not even Halloween candy yet) I wouldn't be surprised if I did have it.

The round ligament pain has been a little better since that one day, but if I do too much it gets kind of bad. I just pushing through it now, knowing that it's nothing bad and I don't have to worry about it. Over all, things have been better.

No comments: