Sunday, July 5, 2009

I know I've said this

but I feel like there's very little time to blog. Really when I look at my day not everything I do is valuable, but with the pregnancy and the exhaustion that came with it, I really don't do much more than necessary.

We've had a pretty good week! No more seizures this week. However, life for me is very stressfull because of the last one. Any time he trips, lays down on the ground, or anything that a normal three year old can get away with happens my heart stops. I've done a lot of praying for him, but I still don't want him to go unwatched.

Rick and Mickey came into town on Friday morning for the holiday weekend. We brought them to our favorite restaurant so far Dogfish Alehouse. John's really liked their beer, so we thought we'd try their restuarant. In the last two weeks we've been there three times, and I think we're going again for dinner - unless he wants me to cook.

Yesterday after nap time we made our way to the metro and to Washington, DC. John has some great pictures on his blog from the day. I was very skeptical of going - I really, really didn't want to brave the crowds with a 3 1/2 year old. But we learned that if we're in town next year we don't have to be nearly as cautious as were were yesterday.

We went downtown at 4:00 and I sat for an hour saving our spot (which was really good). John, Rick, Mickey, and Malachi went to the National Air and Space Museum which Malachi loves! When Rick came to relieve me of my post as space holder I joined John and Mickey on the Mall between the NAS Museum and and the Natural Galery of Art. I needed to eat dinner so I bought a ham and cheese sub and ate on the steps of the National Museum of Natural History. We then went to that museum which consisted of Malachi running to all the things that he really likes. I noticed he was most interested in the things that were at his level. The large dinosaurs and the big whale didn't interest him nearly as much as I thought they would.

After that museum we made our way back to our spot and hung out for about an hour and enjoyed a spectacular fireworks show. There was a large tree in the way of some of the lower ones, but otherwise we had a great view! We left shortly before the finale and made our way onto the first metro out of downtown. It got a bit crowded, but I know it would've been much, much worse after that train. We made it home by 10:30. We all thought we'd still be waiting for a train at that time, so it was a pleasant surprise.

Now I'm being pressured off the computer because we're heading to breakfast.

I hope everyone had a great 4th!

1 comment:

Deej said...

I am so jealous of your 4th of July! It would be so amazing to celebrate the 4th in DC! Sounds like you guys had a great time. :)