Thursday, July 23, 2009

Calm

The last couple of days have been pretty calm. Unfortunately it's given me time to be down about how busy we've been and how icky I've felt. I really thought I was done with the morning sickness and tiredness. I was wrong. But oh well - it will pass.

It also means I don't really have much to blog about. I guess I'd rather have nothing to say than another hospital visit or some other horrible thing.

Today John's having a swearing in ceremony. It's really just a thing for show because he was really sworn in on his first day. But it's a fun thing for families to go to. One of the Deputy Secretaries is coming to officiate. Unfortunately the Secretary of State was busy.

*****six hours later*****

Just got back from the swearing in ceremony. It was very short and sweet. I teared up a couple of times, but that's no surprise. Tonight we're going out for Beijing Duck. Gotta start eating more Chinese. We'll be living in the Sichuan Province so we'll have to start eating more Sichuan food.

I'm very sleepy but maybe we'll go out and see a movie while Rick stays here with Malachi tonight. We'll see...maybe.

3 comments:

Jill said...

I love Chinese food... so much so that I could probably eat it every single night for the rest of my life and be A-OK with it.

Lucky you!!

Sara said...

John and I visited China for a couple of weeks back in 2007. It was my first trip (and only so far) there, and the food was amazing. I can't wait to actually live there!!

I'm going to work on having 5-10 Western recipes down pat by the time we leave so I can teach them to my ayi. That'll be fun :)

Crystal said...

Yummy, Chinese food : ) I hope you had a great night out!!! I also hope all is going well for you all as you have this major transition. God Bless~