Friday, November 28, 2008

owie!!!

Yesterday Bethany and I ran the 5k!!! It took us quite a while to get across the starting line because of the hundreds of people in front of us, but we rand across the finish line at 39 minutes. We figure it may have taken us about 1 1/2 - 2 minutes to get across the starting line, so we think it took us about 37 minutes to do the 5k. We are so happy with ourselves. There were multiple times I had to stop running and do a fast walk. But I was always keeping up with Bethany.

We had a very fun day yesterday with Josh, Bethany, Belle (their dog), Donald, Sandra, and Cheryl (a family from Singapore). There was an awesome turkey dinner with a bit of Chicken Curry thrown in :) We played games together and then Donald, Sandra and Cheryl left at about 10:30 and we all headed to bed. I was so tired it took me about 2 minutes to fall asleep once I layed down.

Still to do on our trip is a trip to the National Zoo and to D.C. to see the sights. I'm very excited for that and I can't wait until Malachi sees some of D.C. I think that with the help of picutres and reminders he may remember this trip for a long time.

Today's going to be the nicest day weather wise so I think we'll visit the zoo today and then the memorials/museums tomorrow.

Malachi's currently opening his birthday presents from Josh and Bethany. He's getting baloon toys and he's really liking them.

Anywho...back to the family and friends!

Love to all!

No comments: