Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Light Day

Per the advice of a track coach via one of his former students I took it light today to give my muscles a bit of rest after my hard day yesterday.

I did run a bit, about half a mile, but then I went to the weights. I love the weights. I hope to do mostly weights when I'm done with the 5K. I did do a bit more running at the end, but I just wasn't feeling it. I was up late last night with election news, so that might explain that.

With all this exercise and the no eating sweets that I've been doing, I'm looking a lot healthier than I used to. It's been a great encouragement to keep going. I feel lighter even though I've only lost about two pound because of all the muscle I'm gaining. Even so, I feel lighter. It's like a weight has been lifted off my back - pun intended. :)

My friend Mary came running with me yesterday and I know that that is how I made it the full three miles. She couldn't make it today but promises to be there tomorrow. I hope she is, she's so great to have there because she too is a runner.

No comments: