Monday, April 21, 2008

Weekend

We had a great weekend. My sister came in at 1:40pm on Friday and took off at 10:00am Sunday. Unfortunately the whole weekend was consumed with stuff for the wedding that Malachi was in on Saturday night. She'll be here again next month - in less than four weeks! Our dad is bringing her down with him when he comes for John's graduation. I was so excited when I found that out.

The wedding was gorgeous. I didn't get to see most of it because I had to take Malachi out. John taped it though so I'll get to watch it. I may do just that when I'm done blogging.

The reception was pretty, fun, and short. The wedding didn't start until 6:45 so the reception started close to 8:00 I'm sure. Pictures were taken in between. My sister got a really cute one of Malachi during that. The dancing was fun, John and I hadn't danced in a very, very long time. I love dancing, feeling close to your loved one. I wish we did it more.

Sunday morning we slept in half an hour, so I took Steph to the airport by myself and we had a good drive. I was sad to let her go. We didn't do anything that I wanted to (mainly take her downtown and do the JFK stuff). I'm so happy she's coming back.

Overall the weekend was good, but I really don't feel like I had a birthday. I certainly don't feel a year older.

No comments: