Monday, July 26, 2010

Busy!

We had a busy weekend.

Hawaiian Luau at the Marine House on Friday night to say goodbye to two of the Marines that served here. John stayed home with the kids while I did that. I came home at 10pm because I was tired. How lame is that?!

Saturday we bought an orange tree and planted it in the yard! I have pictures that I'll put on flickr. Then we went to another party at a friend's house that was thrown by another friend who has an apartment so not enough space. We were there for five hours. Finally it was past the kid's bed time and I made the hard decision to take them home.

Then yesterday after church I went to the monthly spa day at a friend's house. I got a manicure, pedicure, massage, and wax for about $48. I think it was the best massage I've ever gotten too. But I've learned that 30 minutes just isn't enough. Next time, I'm bringing enough cash for the full hour.

Actually the next time, it's my turn to host! I'm going to have them all over to my house the last Sunday in August. Fun!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am right there with you in the "I went home because I was tired at 10pm" bit! I think I'm getting old!

S said...

Sounds busy, but sounds fun! How did they find the people to come in and do the spa days? That sounds like such a fun (and relaxing) idea!

Sara said...

I don't know how it started. They've been doing it since before I got here. The ladies do give you a card if you want and say that they'll come to your home. So maybe someone was at their salon one day and was told that. However it started, I'm so glad it did!

Sara said...

Naomi - I feel like I'm getting old. Is it having a baby that does it to me? If it is, I wouldn't trade it!

Jen said...

Ah, in Caracas, I had a woman who stopped by every week to give me a mani/pedi....Cait occasionally joined in, too...and I think it ran maybe USD 20? IF that? Ah, those were the days :-)