Monday, September 21, 2009


I've been pretty silent about this subject on my blog so far, but I need release.

John was taken out of Mandarin training and thrown into Spanish training the day before the language training started because of Malachi's clearance. No China for us. Right now with Malachi having a level two clearance the Medical Department (MED) here has to make sure that where ever we go has an ER and a Neurologist. So, John's Career Development Officer (CDO) sent a list of post ideas to MED to check out. As far as we know the CDO is still waiting. Once she gets word on all the posts she'll put together a bid list for us. Very similar to the one that we worked on before, except much shorter. So basically right now we're just waiting for the bid list. We're very anxiously waiting for it. It's possible that there are some really nice English Speaking posts on it (Sydney, Geneva, Johannesburg). We're trying to not get to excited about those posts. If we get Sydney (which we asked specifically about because there's a post open there and on the list for the 148th class) we'd be in the R&R spot for Eastern Asia. That would mean that Team China, which we're very sad that we're not a part of anymore, would be coming to see us.

So now we're just waiting. Lots and lots of waiting. We were hoping to get the bid list Friday, then we were hoping to get it today. Now I don't know. Maybe I should just stop hoping. I've been getting lots of "encouraging" notes from people. For some reason I don't want to hear it. Sigh.

1 comment:

Jill said...

Oh I'm so sorry!! My girlfriend has one too and when we all bid out 2 years ago her husband got the list early, checked with MED on all the availabilities and got them cleared pretty quickly.

Of course she then ended up going to Kenya - but that's a whole other story...

Best of luck - keep us posted!