Friday, January 8, 2010

2010 The First Week

How was your first week? Hopefully it was better than mine. I woke up on the morning of the 1st with a runny nose. Today I'm still coughing a bit but the nasal congestion seems to have calmed down a lot. I'm still coughing a bit - mostly when I wake up or laugh.

I did use the time of sickness to read a book that I've been looking forward to. All 765 pages of:

This is the 12th book in a series. It was supposed to be the last, but the last book just kept getting longer and longer and the writer (who's not the original writer of the series because the original writer has passed away) decided to make it a trilogy. So...I don't get to see the end of the series for another two years. That makes me a little upset, but I'll probably still read them just to see how it ends.

I liked this book but it didn't keep me up for hours to finish it. Partly because John would get really mad at me because of the pregnancy and the cold. Mostly though because it didn't pull me in like the previous books had. I think that must be due to the length of time waiting between books. However, I was pleased with what happened in the book. I do look forward to seeing how the series ends (in the fall of 2011).

We have very few plans in the month of January. So far, I have mom's group on the 11th and 25th, I have an OB appointment on the 19th. That's all that's on our calendar.
I do believe however, that I'll have an appointment every week after that, so I guess we could add the 26th. But even with those four things on the calendar it's so empty compared to November and December. That does leave us with lots of time to prepare the apartment. We need to do some rearranging in our bedroom with clothes so that we can make room for the baby's clothes. We also have to move our dresser over a bit to fit the pack 'n play next to it.

We have to make a trip to Baby's R Us for the bed linnens. We also have to go to Wal Mart and Target to get some things to use the gift cards that we got from the Dallas shower. I love getting new baby stuff, I'm so excited!

Malachi's been kind of suffering some cabin fever lately. The last couple of nights by the time dinner rolls around he really just needs to run circles in our living room to get rid of his energy. Today I took him to kiddie korner at our apartment complex. They pour out a big bucket of toys on the floor and let the kids have at them. I was afraid he wouldn't find anyone to play with because all the kids are pretty young, but I shouldn't have been. He's so sociable, nice and outgoing it's so easy for him to make friends. He ended up playing with a boy younger than him for about 20 minutes.

It snowed again last night. Just a bit more than a dusting really but he really enjoyed walking to the activites center through the snow that was on the grass. I told him to wear his boots anticipating that he would want to do that.

John took a progress exam today - he did really well. I'm so proud of him for the progress he's made. He's getting his time in Spanish extended because there's a lot of time between when he's currently scheduled to finish and when we move. By the time he's done with Spanish he's going to be doing so well.

I start Spanish on the 19th. My materials are being sent in the mail right now - should probably get them quite soon actually. I'm nervous that I'm going to learn certain things wrong because it's CD learning and not face to face. Luckily I have someone at home who I can practice on and correct me when I'm wrong.

No comments: