Tuesday, March 19, 2013

So much to write, no skill to do it with

“I haven’t blogged much because I’ve realized I’m not a good writer.”

I said this to my husband and since self-actualization is one of the traits John is most attracted to he said, “that’s the sexiest thing you’ve said in a year.”

This is not a post to fish for compliments on my writing. I know it’s not great. I’ve seen much worse, but most of the Foreign Service blog-o-sphere has great writers and I cower in their shadows.

However, I’ve decided to stop agonizing over my lack of writing skill. I know that people like my blog. And I know that it keeps my family informed of what’s going on with us. And one day when my children are grown, I can look back and remember. I can remember how they were. I can point to an entry and say “see! I told you, you did (fill in funny thing one of them did/will do)!”

So, I’m going to continue to write, and sometimes it might be poor writing. I enjoy writing and I’ve been sad about my lack of skill and lack of outlet.

With that said…

Simon turned 3 last month and Malachi’s being weaned off one of his meds. The former is a blog post over due, the latter is a post (or series of posts depending on how it turns out) to be written.

Stay tuned. 

2 comments:

Nomads By Nature said...

Glad to see you back! I too feel intimidated by some of the really good writers out there, so I understand where you are coming from. Love your hubby's reaction to your statement. And love that you are going forward with your blog - being you 100% and sharing what your day, challenges and adventures are. Well done!

Sara said...

Well thank you! I've never thought you have problems writing. They're intimidating though, aren't they?! Glad I'm not alone. :)