Sunday, October 17, 2010

Standing Up

I tried putting Simon down for a nap this afternoon. He didn't nap during the morning even though we tried to get him to, so I thought for sure he'd fall asleep quickly. 20 or so minutes later I entered his room to find him standing up holding the side of the crib. This was a first for me. I wasn't expecting it and no matter how sad I was that he wasn't napping I was so excited to see him standing like that. I tried putting him down again and in about 20 to 30 minutes I went into his room again because he wouldn't stop crying. I found him standing up holding the side and crying at the wall. I laughed at the sight of him and took him out of his room.

A couple of hours later I realized that he probably doesn't know how to sit down. I really needed to put him in for a nap so I put him in thinking that if he stood and wouldn't sit down, I'd go back in and put him back down. Luckily for both of us he fell asleep really fast. I had to wake him up after a couple of hours because it was after 5:30. Weirdest nap day ever...

1 comment:

Donna said...

This made me laugh because I'd forgotten about that stage, when they pull up but can't sit down. Cute, but frustrating.