Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween

I don't think we have any Halloween festivities today and I'm very happy about that.

Friday night we did the one at work. It was the first time I've solo'd a CLO event. My supervisor did help me out plan it before she went out of town last week, but the fact that I executed the event by myself feels great. Lots of people have told me that it went really well. Bring it on people! I love getting compliments!! For this party Malachi dressed as a ghost with a homemade costume that John did. It wasn't the typical eye holes in a sheet costume, it was pretty awesome. John and I dressed in t-shirts each with half a bar code on them. The numbers were our anniversary. We were an item.

Last night we went to a friend's house for their Halloween Party. They invited families from the Embassy as well as families from their son's classes. So that meant we didn't know most of the people because not a lot of Embassy families showed up. That was a lot of fun though. For this party Malachi combined his school party (which took place on Thursday afternoon and neither of his parents showed up) costume and his Embassy party costume and was a ghost knight. He had a lot of fun with that. John went as Bumblebee in the morning with my robe, his pajamas, a Starbucks coffee mug, and Malachi's Bumblebee mask and gun. I was a pirate. I used a dress I have that has ruffles on the collar, a scarf I have on my head, my son's eye patch from his costume last year, and a gold hoop earing from the same costume. It was fun.

But I'm ready for this holiday to be done! We have a lot going on this week, and I'm ready to move on to this week's events.

John's parents get into town on Wednesday night. This is their first visit to us in Costa Rica. Fun!

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Oh my goodness, I LOVE the item costume idea. I'm definitely storing that one away!! Sounds like a crazy busy week for you guys!