Friday, October 8, 2010

Fun

We had some fun family time tonight.

After I got John from work we went to a Tex-Mex restaurant for dinner. The service was both good and bad. It was crazy fast but John and I both got the wrong food.The wrong food was still good though.

We came home and I immediately had to feed Simon his dinner, but I wanted us to spend some more family time together so we played a game that Malachi made up. He said I was the bad guy and his daddy and he were the good guys. I had to try to shoot him, with the laser gun he had given me, while I was being attacked by them. They went to the kitchen and hid while poking their heads out so I could take a shot here and there.

Eventually they decided to start throwing things at me. First they threw tortilla bombs. That didn't last long because we only had two. They threw hot pads, baby toys, and what ever else they could find that was soft enough. At one point Malachi came out and through garlic at me after saying "the power of Christ compels you." He had a hard time delivering that line through the laughing though.

At one point they ran into the hall bathroom and put rags on their heads - I had to get a picture of that. I finally sicked Simon and the power of the possibility of spit up on them. I did pretty much concede to them by then though.

We spent almost an hour more just hanging out with each other.

I tell you what...having a four year old is crazy stressful sometimes. But the rest of the time, it's pretty amazing.

Oh, by the way. We had another earthquake tonight. This one sent us to the door ways on the first floor. It was the longest one we've had. Nothing was damaged, I'm sure nothing even fell. We didn't even feel compelled to check on the kids. They slept through it. I cried a bit - earthquakes scare me!  John held me and comforted me. He's amazing. Don't worry parents - when you come visit I'm sure it'll be fine.

I'm off to bed early tonight because I have a big morning. I can't share about it. In about three weeks I'll let you know what I did.

No comments: