Wednesday, August 18, 2010

1st Day Down

I got a little bit emotional today, I have to admit. I didn't cry as much as I thought I would. I didn't bawl like I did on Malachi's 1st birthday.

I didn't want to leave the school this morning though. And I was super jealous of the parents who stayed after we left. You see...John has to get to work by 8:00 to make sure he's working the visa line in time. He's the only parent from the Embassy who's a Consular Officer. Everyone else got to stay and go in when they pleased. Luckies.

If you haven't heard yet, P fell down our stairs yesterday. Happily she's ok. I took her to the hospital and had an x-ray done (only $51 btw) - no fractured ribs - yay! She'll be recovering at home for the next week. I'm very sorry for her that she fell. BUT (be warned, I may sound insensitive here) it does make my life a little hard right now. I'm supposed to work Tuesdays and Wednesdays. I left work early yesterday to take her to the hospital. I dragged my poor baby in for an hour today so I could email the materials I needed to do my work from home (that was quite a process btw, Simon has a lot of stuff!). Tomorrow I am supposed to be at Spanish Class from 10:30 to 12:00. I may be asking a friend to watch Simon during that time. I may just miss my class.

I spent today either taking care of Simon or working. Right after I finished the work I went to Malachi's school to get him.

I took him to a little grocery store because I had to pick something up for dinner. I knew it would be a while before we got dinner so I let him have a treat - donut and chocolate milk actually. Then we sat in the Embassy parking lot for about 20 minutes before parking in front of the Embassy for about 10 waiting for John.

Whew! What a day!! We still haven't had dinner and we have a Skype date with John's brother and sister-in-law in about 20 minutes. I guess I could go cook some pasta while John watches Scrubs with Simon and Malachi watches Cats and Dogs on the netbook. I think I'll do that...we should eat.

****10 Minutes Later****

Simon got hungry so he needed a bottle. And then I got distracted by Scrubs. Guess we'll have to eat after the Skype date.

No comments: