Wednesday, February 17, 2010

First Outing

Yesterday we had our first outing as a family. We went to Simon's first Dr appointment. Simon checked out great! She was even impressed with him when he lifted his head and moved it from side to side. She didn't have his blood drawn to check his bilirubin number because he's been eating and waking more. She seemed pretty impressed with him.

He continues to eat about every three to four hours. He's pooping a ton! The Dr said if he doesn't start to have fewer poops in a few days we might need to worry about malnutrition. His pee diapers are usually huge! He tends to hold in his pee and let it all out at once. We've had a couple of leaky pee diapers, luckily no poop has escaped yet! He's having more and more time awake. It's unfortunate when it happens at night, but it's so much fun when it happens during the day!

We've had some visitors and some chill time. I love it when they ask me how I'm doing. After a baby comes it's usually all about them. That's fine of course, but it makes me feel important and loved when people ask how I'm doing and really want to know.

We had some friends come over who have a five or six month old. He looked so big to us! The last time we saw him was Christmas and I don't remember him being so big. But now that I have a newborn, he seems humongous!

Right now both boys are napping and there is so much peace in our home. I feel so happy and so blessed by what I've been given. I don't know how I got it all, I certainly don't feel like I deserve it.

I would be napping now too except I was showering and now I'm waiting to wake up the boy for a feeding. I have a Dr appointment this afternoon (having a bit of trouble with recovery), so John is coming home early to take me (still not driving). I'll make sure to nap after the Dr appointment.

I'm hungry...I think I'll eat.

No comments: