Thursday, February 16, 2012

Simon, the two year old

Simon turned two years old recently. 

This is unbelievable since I think it was just a bit ago that he was born a few days after the last of three blizzards that happened with-in 10 days. 

Simon is amazing John and I every day. He's talking up a storm. Sometimes he chooses Spanish (he can almost count to 10 in Spanish and gets to 2 in English), sometimes he chooses English. If he doesn't get the desired result in the first language he tried, then he might try the other. 

He has tantrums unlike any I've ever seen. Simon knows what he wants, and will not tolerate not getting what he wants. Unfortunately for him, I don't always care about what he wants, only what's best for him. He doesn't get that yet. He also doesn't get that tantrums usually tend to have the opposite affect in this household. 

Simon walks, runs, and sort of jumps now. He can go down stairs all by himself, but he usually prefers to hold a hand. He LOVES to shower with his brother, and if we even say the word "shower" he goes into a frenzy. 

He's a bit of a pick eater. He likes rice (who didn't expect that?!), pasta, homemade cheeseburgers (but not McDonald's ones - how did we luck out so much there?), juice, milk, water (with ice please), toast, eggs (that's new) and a few other things. He wants more syrup or honey on his bread product after about every bite - we tend to fake it for him. 

He really wants to be like his big brother. He would probably love it if we sent him to school with his own backpack on his own bus. However, he and his brothers often fight. This is usually resolved with one of them screaming and one of us breaking it up. I have a feeling this is my foreseeable future.

I can't tell who his favorite family member is. I think it used to be me, but now I think it changes with his mood, and who can/will get him what he wants at that moment. 

He's a bit shy until he knows you, but then he's very sweet and will even call you with a parent's cell phone and chat you up. He'll also text my mechanic 11 times with nothing to say...he's not allowed to use my phone anymore.

He's handsome, charming, sweet, loving, protective, amazing, and so much  more. 

Happy Birthday buddy. Mommy loves you so much and no matter who you are now or will be later, I'm always going to.   

No comments: