Thursday, February 2, 2012

Mi Vida Dulce


I said the other day to Sarah that she needed to make sure she was taking care of herself because she wasn't feeling well. Only then could she properly take care of her husband, daughter, and clients. That really got me thinking that I need to heed my own advice.

So today when John was taking the brunt of my "I'm too busy" breakdown, I told him I didn't want to quit swimming. He thinks that exercising is as important to me as I do, so we agreed. I'm not quitting swimming.

I really want to quit work, but I only have five weeks left, so I'm going to push through it (plus I'm taking off some of that time anyway to use comp time saved up). I'm certainly not quitting school because I really need to get through this.

So...we decided I'm not quitting anything.

And it was nice to have a break down. It's too bad that it had to happen as we were arriving at the Embassy for John's work, or on his birthday. But he's so amazing that he didn't care (or at least he said he didn't care).

I went to the pool, swam early, did my shopping, got home, did my homework, and now I have a bit of free time to blog, chat on fb with friends, and possibly watch just a bit of Ellen before I get ready for John's birthday dinner.

I'm actually loving life right now.

Mi vida dulce.

2 comments:

Laurie said...

You're my hero. I don't know how you do it. Steph agrees.

Laurie said...

You are my hero! I don't know how you do it. Steph concurs.