Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Mid-Night Hospital Run

I decided that John and I needed practice going to the hospital. Well, really I thought my water was leaking and I was having contractions. We called P here some time before mid-night and when she got here we went to the hospital. 

The nurse on call did a fetal monitor which also monitored the contractions. Turns out I am having regular contractions, every seven minutes I have a big one and in between I have small ones. She did an exam and said that I'm not leaking fluid, I'm only dilated to 1 and he's not in position. I am partially effaced though - so I have that going for me.

So we were sent home. I'm supposed to try to get some rest, and maybe I can do that. I'm going to try at least. When I get up in the morning we'll count to see how far apart they are. When they're about 3 1/2 minutes apart I can go back to the hospital.

Right now the contractions are noticeable and the big ones are a little painful, but it's still very manageable. I'd like to think that I will eventually fall asleep.

1 comment:

Nomads By Nature said...

A practice run never hurts! How exciting to know the baby is ready! Wishing you an easy delivery and all the best!