Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Hand off #3 and trip home

I decided to go to my mom's house. It turns out my sister wasn't sick and my mom had a sinus infection and some stiffness in her neck which made it feel like the flu. So, we went to my moms on Thursday afternoon. She came up to my in-laws to get us. It's about a two hour drive from her place. She was really happy that I changed my mind and it made me happy to see how happy she was.

That night we just hung out and had pizza for dinner. We popped in a movie and my mom fell asleep during it, my sister went to bed in the middle, so I was the only one who finished it. After it ended mom and I went to bed.

My mom was up really early and I heard her, so I was up at 4:45 with her. My sister got up in the morning for a half day at work. Malachi decided that he wanted to be up at that time too. So we were all up pretty early. My wonderful mother let me take a couple hour nap and after that mom, Malachi and I hung out for a while.

After lunch mom, Steph and I got ready for our photo shoot while Malachi napped. We had a pretty good time at the shoot, except that Malachi wasn't very smiley. Despite that we did get a couple of cute pictures of him.

On Saturday I went and had brunch at Jon and Brenda Gill's home. I've known Jon Gill for over 10 years and Brenda and I keep in contact through our blogs and facebook. I had never met their daughter Abi, so that was great fun. Malachi liked hanging out with her. Brenda's hospitality was great, the place was clean, and warm which made me feel welcome. The food was great, she unknowingly made my favorite (french toast)!

The rest of the day was just spent hanging out and getting ready for me to go home.

Malachi is such a good traveler! We got him up at 5:10am and stuffed him into all the winter clothing (I think it was about 30 or 40 below windchill). After we loaded him and my stuff into the car we headed to the airport (thank you so much Steph for the ride). We got there to a HUGE line at the counter but we were pushed to the expedite line because my flight was in an hour (thank you wonderful Sun Country employee). Security was also a breeze, there were about five people in front of me. We said our good byes at security and Malachi and I were on our own for a few hours.

We did have a bit of extra time to sit at the gate so I let Malachi out of the stroller and let him run around. The crew for our flight was waiting for the plane to arrive, so I mentioned to them that it was Rick Roy's grandson (Rick too is a pilot for Sun Country), after that my flight was cake because the flight attendants loved Malachi. The pilot made it a nice flight for us, avoiding the turbulance we encountered over Oklahoma, and making it a nice smooth landing (landing is the scariest part for me, I hate it).

Rick and John were waiting for us at the gate! What a nice surprise for us. Rick can of course use his ID to get through securtiy and he got John a gate pass. It was so great to see John that soon when I thought I'd have to wait until baggage claim. We got my bags pretty fast and we were off to church!

I've had a wonderful time with John the last few days. I really missed him a lot and can't believe I scheduled a trip of 10 days without him. I don't think I'll be doing that any time soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you made it back safe and sound. Looks like you had a fantastic time!

So I need to get going on the 2008 goals and priority list we talked about. I've thought through some things but need to solidify. How about you, any progress?

Brenda said...

So glad you had a nice trip up here! Sorry it couldn't be a little warmer for you, that's Minnesota for you.

We were very happy to have you :) It's nice having company from time to time. By the way, Malachi left a fire truck here! I hope he hasn't missed it; it was in the bucket of blocks. Would you like us to send it to you?