Tuesday, September 13, 2011

School

Before I start, I just want to say that this is my 500th post on wife-mommy-woman. I think that's pretty awesome. Now back to our regularly unscheduled blog post...

A friend noticed that I've been a little silent and asked if I'm ok.

I'm doing pretty well, although I am pretty stressed out. If you're my facebook friend you may know that this semester I returned to school. You see, I never finished my bachelor's degree. About two years in I got pregnant with Malachi and decided not to finish. But for some reason, now that I have three kids (omg), I've decided it's time.

Really, there won't be an easier, or slower time in life, so I might as well get it done. And in order to get the degree I want (Business Administration in Management) at the pace I'm going (two classes a semester) John said it will take about 8 1/2 years because not all of my credits will transfer to that degree.

I'm determined to get that degree though - it's what I want. So maybe next year when we're in Manila and I have even more help in the house I'll take three classes a semester. I think I'll still work part-time, but I'd like a job that's even more part-time than my current one. Because even though I love working in the CLO, there's a lot of work to be done outside of my 16 hours/week in the office. I'd like a job that I could leave at the office, maybe I'll work in the consulate. Who wants to come take care of my three kids in D.C. next summer so I can take ConGen?

I realize I'm rambling. So...here's what's going on with me right now:

1 husband
3 kids
1 part time (16 hours, plus comp time for events) job
1 personal trainer 3 x a week to get rid of the mommy body and get back some semblance of the hot body I once had
2 University classes (American History 1301, Lifelong Learning for Adult Students) and I don't even have the books yet - I can't imagine what it'll be like when I do!
Hanging out with friends (when I have time!)
Salon services (it takes a lot to keep up a hot bod) when I have time!
And other random things you throw into the loop

Can I just say that without P (the nanny/maid) I would not be able to accomplish all of this.

So if I am a bit silent in the next 6-8 years, it's not because I don't enjoy blogging, it's because I'm really (insert expletive) busy!

3 comments:

Nomads By Nature said...

You go girl! And congrats on the 500!

Heather Dray said...

Good for you! It's a long time commitment but you can do it. I went back after kid #2 for my BSN and I've never regretted it. You won't, either. But make sure to take time for yourself! The nanny/housekeeper rocks, for sure!!!

Sadie said...

you are quite an inspiration! way to go on going back to school - very exciting! and you're right, now is the time to do it, when you have help at home. good vibes coming your way!!