Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Interview Part Dos

I'm very critical of myself. It's not very good for me. So when people ask me how the interview went yesterday it's very hard to say "I think it went well." And I do think it went well, but I always doubt myself. I think they liked me, and I do have some pretty good qualifications, however, when it comes to the main task of the job (composing the newsletter), I have no experience. I don't know how to use Publisher, or Power Point. I've never written a newsletter before.

I did write for a blog though, and I edited John's papers for his English degree. I also transcribed for a friend who was doing his Master's Degree. Hopefully those are qualifications enough for that part of the job.

My experience at CFNI as the Admin Asst and even at the hotel in Dallas before Malachi was born seems to be perfect for this job.

I don't know how long it will take to find out if I got the job. If I do get the job it will be a couple of months before I start because I would need to get a security clearance (cool!). That's good though because that leaves me time to get a house keeper who can stay here with the kids on Wednesday's.

5 comments:

Kristen said...

That's so exciting! I'll be praying that the right doors open for you and everything falls into place. And we are always our own worst critics, so I'm sure you did great!

Alli said...

I'm sure you did great! It sounds like a super fun and interesting job! I'm excited for you!

Anonymous said...

Fingers crossed for you! I'm sure you did really, really well!

Jen said...

Good luck! I was newsletter editor in Caracas...fun times! Fingers crossed for you :-)

Jill said...

Here's hoping you get it! I did the Newsletter at our first post... it was great fun!