Friday, May 21, 2010

Earthquakes and Early Mornings

Yesterday I experienced my first ever earthquake. It was very short, but still pretty scary for me. I think mostly because of the kids. By the time I picked Simon up the shaking was done. Malachi enjoyed it. He stood in the open doorway with his hand on the staircase railing. Our complex renaissance man made sure to get off of his ladder (he was here painting).

Like I said it was short. It was over very quickly, but it still scared me a lot. I had shaky nerves for quite a while. My husband called about a minute after it ended. He was super excited about it! I wonder if me having the kids tainted it. Or if I was scared because the friggin ground was shaking!!

Yesterday Simon slept in late! He didn't wake up until almost 7:30. Malachi woke us up at 6:00 and it was so, so nice to sleep in. Today Simon woke up at 5:00, just like normal. I know yesterday was the first time he'd slept so late, but I was kind of hoping that it was going to be the new pattern. Oh well. At least he didn't get up before 5.

Simon knows how to roll from his stomach to his back. It's very hard to get him to do tummy time now. He just want to turn over onto his back. It's great that he's learned a new skill, but I sometimes wish he wouldn't use it. Now it looks like he's trying to push himself from his back to his stomach - might not be much longer!

No comments: