Saturday, May 8, 2010

Bringing Up Geeks



Today I finished Bringing Up GEEKS Genuine, Enthusiastic, Empowered Kids how to protect your kid's childhood in a grow-up-too-fast world. By Marybeth Hicks

The day I posted the list of books I was reading, John went to the bedroom and immediately pulled this book out of hiding. He did tell me it was there, but I didn't see it.

If you were to boil the book down to one sentence you would say that this is a guide on raising your kids to remain kids as long as possible and to grow to be smart, authentic kids who have a very high self esteem because they know who they are and their place in this world. I certainly desire to do that. How do you ask? Marybeth has come up with 10 rules for doing just that.

Rule 1: Raise a Brainiac
Rule 2: Raise a Sheltered Kid
Rule 3: Raise an Uncommon Kid
Rule 4: Raise a Kid Adults Like
Rule 5: Raise a Late Bloomer
Rule 6: Raise a Team Player
Rule 7: Raise a True Friend
Rule 8: Raise a Homebody
Rule 9: Raise a Principled Kid
Rule 10: Raise a Faithful Kid

Going into the book I knew this is what I wanted to do when raising my kids, so this book has acted as a good starting point and has given me a lot of good ideas on how to Bring Up GEEKS.

1 comment:

Morgan said...

Sounds like what my parents did and they didn't even read the book, haha! This is a book I'd love to borrow to skim through but alas--you are in another country.