Sunday, March 23, 2008

Fun Day

What a fun day we had today (Saturday, I haven't gone to sleep yet, so I'm still counting right now as part of Saturday).


The morning was quite relaxed with waffles and a movie (Malachi's favorite, The Incredibles) and just some good ol' fashioned hanging out. Then after our glorious nap we headed over to the Zoo with a packed lunch. They've built a sting ray exhibit and you pay $2.00 to go in and touch the rays. Malachi was free, thank God, because his arms were too short to reach. John and I got to touch them twice. It was quite different than I thought it would be. Their wings are a lot slimier than expected.

After that we had our lunch (John and I had snacks really, and Malachi was too excited to eat much)and then saw a few animals, and made it over to the Children's Zoo to see a few things before the Zoo closed.

After the zoo we headed over to Chan Thai for dinner. It was different than I remembered from a year ago and the food was only so so. Not only that, but we didn't see one Asian person there, it was all Latinos. So, I left mostly unimpressed.

We headed home to let John do homework and I would hang out with Malachi until he went to bed. I ended up doing some dishes, doing some laundry, giving the boy a bath, playing with the boy, and then getting him ready for bed. It was quite a productive couple of hours.

John and I went to the gym after Malachi was asleep. Our neighbors have three children, the oldest, Donovan, being 14. He came over and watched a movie of ours while we did that. John needs to go to the gym three or four times a week because of his class, so we might have Donovan over a few times a week. Usually I turn him down when he wants to sell me something for school or what ever, but I might start buying stuff from him if he's going to babysit a lot.

John and I had a relaxing time in World of Warcraft after that. As I'm about to log out someone says they're waiting up to play Easter Bunny. I then start to freak out because I forgot all about Easter and didn't buy anything.

Luckily I had some stuff left over from last year, but it was all in Malachi's closet. Thankfully John and I started getting him up at night to go potty to lessen the chances of accidents. So while John was helping him do that, I was scurrying to get into the closet and get the stuff. The baskets, grass, and eggs were in plain sight and easy to get down, yay!

I put some stuff in the baskets and eggs that we had lying around. Hid them and then we went to bed. But I'm way to energized from the workout to sleep, so I'm going to stay up a bit longer. My alarm is set for 6:30 so hopefully I can go to sleep soon.

Well...this is way too long for one day, I hope you didn't get bored.

No comments: