Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter

What a strange Easter we had yesterday.

The morning was pretty standard really. After looking for eggs and baskets from the Easter Bunny we went to church and had a really good service for Resurrection Sunday. During the second service, John went to the Marriage Enrichment bible fellowship that we volunteer in, and I helped in the Children's Ministry. I wasn't going to, but when I re-dropped Malachi off after a potty and snack break there was one person in there with 9 or 10 kids and there ended up being 14 kids in that class with me, Mary (the awesome teacher) and Lavonne, the teacher from first service who was gracious enough to stay and help after she came to drop off her grandson.

After church we went to Italy for lunch. It's this great little family owned restaurant by our old apartment which is now by our church. So, we went there, and I'm thankful they were open on Easter.

We came home, Malachi napped, I played World of Warcraft for a bit, John read, and then a friend came over. After some sitting and talking we saw his new Honda Accord. It's a brand new car, and it's pretty nice. They didn't get leather though...silly people.

After that I went to the hospital to see Eliana Elise Perry. This is Zoe's (one of Malachi's friends) little sister who was born on Saturday evening at 5:33. They were going to go home last night because they didn't get much rest at the hospital. Eliana is so cute and she was so sweet. I loved holding her and it was amazing to hold a 24 hour old baby.

After that I went to Starbucks and Baker's Brothers (a great American Deli) with Cassie because we were waiting for Cassi to get home. When Cassi did get home we went over to her house, and Cassie and I got our hair trimmed and we spent like two hours or more doing that because we were having a good time talking about our marriages and our husbands. Then we watched Enchanted. I was really excited to see this movie because so many people said it's so good. I was surprised by a few scenes in the movie. I really liked it thought, and it's one I would own.

I ended up not coming home until after midnight, but it was worth the lack of sleep. I really enjoyed myself. All the girls think it was the best time we've had together. Thank you to John for taking care of Malachi and letting me have some time with the ladies!

I hope everyone else had good Easters.

1 comment:

Bethany Taylor said...

Sara, its so nice to catch up on your blog again. Life is hectic here and adoption plans are moving along! Like always I wish we were closer. John needs to apply to schools here in the DC area!