Saturday, January 5, 2008

Visit from D.C.

Our friends that live in D.C. came for a visit last weekend. Joshua and Bethany were our best friends while we were students here. They moved off campus after the first semester, but there was much driving to their apartments or to ours.

We had a great, great time while they were here. They came in at 11:30 on Friday afternoon. It was an hour later than they were supposed to arrive, but they had inclement weather in Atlanta during their layover. It was great to see them again after being separated for two and a half years. Bethany and I would cook a lot together when they lived in the DFW area and we were excited to cook together again. So after we got home and Malachi started napping we made our way to the grocery store to stock up for the five days they'd be here. I showed her my new favorite grocery store, Central Market. We had a great time just hanging out and talking that day. It was so fun to see how much we've grown over the last 2 1/2 years. They've really matured and it's so obvious when talking to them. Joshua plans on being a Pastor and it really shows that he and Bethany are spending their lives preparing for that future ministry.

We spent the first four days playing games, talking, laughing, going to church, going to the Dallas Zoo, and overall just hanging out.

Monday night we had a New Year's Eve party at our place so that our friends could come meet Josh and Bethany. We ended up with 13 people in our apartment playing Pit, Mafia, and Scene It. The last few people left our place at 3:00am on 1/1/08. We had such a great time that it was worth the lack of sleep.

Tuesday was their last day with us. Malachi got me up at 7:50 and by 8:15 I was back in bed because Joshua came in and said that I could sleep if I wanted. What a blessing that was. John, Bethany, and I didn't get up until after 9:30. We mostly spent that day just hanging out and getting ready for their departure. We left for the airport at 3:15 and said our goodbye's at terminal E. I think it was hardest on Malachi. He started crying when Josh leaned in to say goodbye. I really think Malachi's starting to hate the airport.

John and I hope that we'll get to go see Josh and Bethany later this year. Neither of us has been to D.C. in a long time and we all think that 2 1/2 years is way too long to be apart.

I'm so happy they came to visit. They are such good friends and were such a blessing to us while they were here. They worst thing about their visit was the rooting for the New England Patriots (boo Pats).

Josh and Bethany we love you!

p.s. pics to follow

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sara what a fabulous update! I already miss being there and all the fun we had together! Please email me pictures I'd love to post them since we forgot our camera batteries!! ARGH!!!