Wednesday, January 30, 2008

six and nine

Malachi's been putting sentences together since he was a year and a half. Short ones of course, three word sentences like "I see you." His doctor was very impressed with that and said he was already at a two or three year old level. Malachi's verbal skills have been a source of amazement to John and I. Ever time something new comes out of his mouth we look at each other, smile and praise Malachi for what ever he said.

Recently he put together a couple of sentences that just blew us away. One sentence had six words in it "go to church and see friends." He was speaking of himself because after dinner that night we were going to go to church and he was going to see his friends. Not only did this amaze me because it was the longest sentence we'd heard from him but he was putting two mini-sentences together to form one normal-size sentence. He was also putting two thoughts into one sentence, it was the first time for that.

Since then he's been doing that same thing, two thoughts into one sentence, and I love it! It's so great to see how he's developing. Then the other day he put two thoughts into one nine word sentence! I couldn't believe it. I can't remember it either :( Wish I could share the sentence with you guys.

John and I are doing well right now. John's last semester is in full force and he's got a difficult class, linguistics. He read to me out of his textbook and it's crazy the stuff he needs to learn. I'll be praying for you babe.

John's birthday is on Saturday and his party is on Friday. I'm excited to have our friends here to celebrate this occasion. Our friend, Holly, is going to make John's cake. She loves to bake and likes to make cake for people. I love that she's doing it because it takes that stress off of me. Thank you Holly!

Hmm...what else...

That may actually be it. I better go check on the roaming toddler and see what he's into.

Love to all!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I'm sure it was, "I want to see Aunt Sarah and Uncle Ben." That's nine. :)

Sara said...

That's clever, but it's only one thought :) This was two thoughts into on sentence.

Brenda said...

Yay for Malachi! What a smarty pants ;)

You ain't kidding about the linguistics stuff. Jon is majoring in linguistics. I read through his papers every once in a while and I swear it isn't English!!!