Sunday, October 10, 2010

Please...

...check yourself!

Or touch yourself as my blog friend so aptly put it.

You see...we have a friend online. And she recently found out that she has breast cancer. It's such bad timing with her husband working in Iraq right now, unfortunately we can't decide when these things happen to us.

So the friend that I mentioned pleads with us to make sure we're healthy. There was a whole year where I did my monthly well checks and never found a thing. It's been a couple of years since then, however, I still go in for my yearly check and things are good for now.

Please though...for the sake of those who love you...check yourself regularly so if there's anything that needs looking at it's caught early.

3 comments:

Jen said...

Thank you so much for posting this message...it is such a crucial reminder!

Sara said...

Thank you for sharing your story with us. I hope that as a community we can be support for you.

Jill said...

Ditto to what Jen said - thanks so much for this. We all need to remember to take care of our bodies ... nobody else can do it for us. :)