Friday, December 4, 2009

Shots

Malachi had a fever on Wednesday night that reached 102.4 and a bit of a cough (a very little bit). I called his Dr.'s office and she said that it could very well be a reaction to the shots, but if the cough persists more than a couple days to give them a call.

Yesterday the fever was still there, but not as high. The highest it reached was 101.7. I let him lay in my bed and watch TV for six hours (not something he'd normally do. He can't sit still for a whole movie). And then put him down for a nap. I expected it to be short because of all the nothing he did all day. It ended up being a very sweaty three and a half hour nap. When he got up he didn't feel like he had a temp at all (I stopped taking his temp because he was so miserable during temp taking).

We went out do dinner with a friend and by the time we were finishing up, Malachi looked really tired. I was surprised, but had figured the fever wore him out. He coughed a little bit here and there through the day, but it wasn't an issue. He went to bed easily and I asked him to let me sleep 'til 8 (I was tired too!). He did and when he came in he was his normal self! I've decided it was just an adverse reaction to the shots. He did get four! Thank God it's over with!

He's been great all day so far. He's at play group with a friend now while I wait for the laundry to be ready for the dryer after which I'll join him.

Tonight we're going to watch UP at the clubhouse with a friend of ours. Malachi really liked that movie, so I think he'll be excited.

No comments: