Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Bah Humbug

I haven't said anything to John yet, but the day after Christmas I was ready for the tree to come down. I don't know why I was in such a bad mood on the 26th. I guess I'm just anticipating the things coming up in the next couple of months and I was ready to move on.

Speaking of moving on, today John and I went to the storage place where the State Department is storing most of our household goods. I hugged the first huge wooden crate that I saw with our name on it. We needed to pick up some of the items that we stored because we couldn't fit them into the UAB (unaccompanied air baggage, I think, if it's something else, will somebody correct me please?).

Fortunately the things we needed were in the first two crates that we checked in. We picked up the pack 'n play, for the baby to sleep in until we move, the baby bouncer, the large Rubbermaid container full of baby clothes and linens (no sheets unfortunately), John's guitar, and our large electric griddle (because it's so annoying to make pancakes, french toast, grilled cheese, and many other things in the skillets Oakwood provided. John wanted to get his guitar. He missed it after going to Guatemala. I saw the griddle in the crate and just HAD to have it. I'm so glad I picked it up.

Now the task of washing all the clothes and linens, the cover on the bouncer, and the surfaces of the pack 'n play begins. I guess it shouldn't take too long. I have a few weeks.

How many weeks do you have left Sara? Well reader, I have 5-9 weeks depending on when he decides to come. Please, please pray that he comes somewhere in the next 5-7 weeks. I really don't want him to be early and I really don't want to go over my due date. I've heard it gets pretty miserable. Plus I don't know how much more stretching my stomach can handle. I can't believe our bodies were built with so much elasticity. Some days I feel like I look huge, some days I feel like I'm not big at all and what the heck are people talking about when they say I'm huge.

John has all week off of work and it's really screwing with our schedules. It's hard to remember what day of the week it is. It's been really nice to have him home though. Yesterday we went to a Babies 'R Us location about 30 miles away from us to get the last Graco Snugride 32 infant car seat in Bombay that was in the area, because they're discontinuing the pattern and I really, really like it. It doesn't match the color scheme I picked, but I'm not having much success sticking with the color scheme because I've only been able to get a couple of things from my registry and all of the stuff that Malachi owned that we're using doesn't quite fall into the scheme, although they are pretty close.

I'm going to try an experiment here. I'd like to learn how to put pictures side by side. I've seen another FSO Wife do this. I've asked for her help, but until she gets back to me, I'll try this:



Nope, didn't work. Jill, help!!

No comments: