Wednesday, November 18, 2009

27 Weeks



Yesterday I went to the Dr. to have my check up. I had to go half an hour early because it was my glucose test appointment. So on a day when I wanted to sleep in, I got up before 7am. Malachi and I left at 7:30 to get there in time. I drank their fruit punch sugar drink and we sat in the waiting room until my appointment.

At my appointment I met with the last Dr. of the group. It was interesting to see him in the office because I'dve only ever seen him in the hospital. He happened to be on duty both times I went in. He answered my questions, we listened to the baby's heart beat, and Malachi helped him measure my uterus (to check on the baby's growth). Everything sounded and looked good. I'll get a call tomorrow if there's anything wrong with the glucose test. If I don't get a call, then I know I don't have gestational diabetes.

27 weeks along in my pregnancy means that I have 13 weeks or fewer left of my pregnancy. 13 weeks really isn't a very long time. I'm so excited to meet the little boy inside me. On the other hand, I'm a little frightened of having an infant again. It's been so long since I've had one. A couple of months ago when I was holding my friends infant it felt so small and weird. I couldn't really remember how to hold one. People tell me it will all come back quickly, I hope it does.

1 comment:

Jill said...

You look great - and you're right ... 13 weeks will go by in the blink of an eye, and then you'll be a mom of 2 - and you'll completely forget what life was like without all the chaos. :)