Thursday, December 18, 2008

So cute!

Malachi was watching me put on make-up today and he said to me "I wish Grandma and Grandpa would come for Christmas." I thought that was so sweet, also I was excited because he expressed what he wants in a grammatically correct format. I was so proud of him!

I've been working extra hours this week because our office is going to be closed all next week. I'm working this afternoon because I'm hoping to see friends tonight. One of John's friends finished his first law school semester on Tuesday and came back from Austin to visit. Unfortunately his wife had to stay and work :(

John and I are so excited for Christmas to come. Malachi is really excited too! He keeps telling us what he's getting. Which is interesting because he's probably not getting those things. Although he did give us one good idea. He did find one of his toys which is unfortunate, but I suppose maybe we shouldn't have made our closet the hiding place since he goes in there to play. Although in truth he goes into every closet to play - except the one in his room, but that's the hiding place for John's (he's the one that suggested it because he never goes in there. I haven't been able to figure out where mine are being held. They're in a place I never go in the house, but I can't think of a place that I never go) presents this year, so I don't want to put Malachi's in there too.

John ordered something for me from Amazon, but it came broken. Then he re-ordered it and the replacement came broken. Now he's thinking they may not replace it again. I don't know who's fault it is, but it makes me sad. Every time he gets me something he says I'm really gonna like it, so I'm sad I may not get this thing that I'd really like.

John got Malachi a set of armor. It came with a sword and shield, I think Malachi is going to flip! We also got him The Dangerous Book for Boys, a plastic golf set, a Cars book with dashboard (which is what he found), his grandparents bought him a rumbling bridge for his Thomas table and some friends of mine are giving him a Thomas bed set. He saw the pillow, so we let him have that. He's still getting sheets and a comforter. We also got him Cars bedding. We were going to get him a Cars bed, then we decided on a plain bed with Cars bedding. He was given a plain white bed and now we're getting the bedding. I'm still using the crib sheets that we have and they're getting so old that it's hard to put them on. I really had to fight the bed the other day to get his sports sheets on. We're still using the crib mattress so it just shows how shrunken the sheets are. We also need new mattress pads, but I don't know if we're getting those.

I think I did pretty good with John's presents this year. Overall I think next Thursday will be a good day. Our family tradition is to have orange rolls and hot chocolate before opening (that came from my side) but our own little twist to it is John reading the Christmas story before we open presents. Up until now Malachi's been a bit oblivious to presents. Since his birthday is right before Christmas he was a bit aware last year what the presents were, but waiting for the Christmas story was ok. This year might be a bit harder. It will definitely be a lesson in self control for Malachi and patience for me while I try to hold him back :)

We're celebrating with Raul and Valerie this weekend, and then on Christmas eve at 8pm our church is doing their annual Candles, Carols, and Communion. We've actually never been, so I'm excited to go. Christmas day is just the three of us. I thought of maybe going to a movie but I don't think there'll be anything playing that day that he can watch. There is a kids movie that'll be playing, but I think he might be a little young to appreciate it since it's live action.

No comments: