Friday, October 3, 2008

Good Week

Last weekend I was nervous about switching jobs. I loved my boss so much that I didn't want to switch. I was concerned that I wouldn't have as easy a time at work.

My week has been great though. The Media Department has been very welcoming. My boss Mike is very nice. It must just be something about working for a Christian that makes work great. I was his oldest son's teacher over the summer so Monday afternoon he gave me an update on Duncan. It was good to hear about him. There are only three people in the office during the morning including me. The guy I share a cubicle wall with is Matt, he's also from Minnesota. We're from very different Minnesotas though. He's from the North West part of MN, practically North Dakota. It's fun to have that connection with him though. His wife is from Saudi Arabia, her name is Symbol (I don't know if that's how it's spelled, but that's how it's said). She's sweet.

This week it took a while to get into the swing of things, but today I finally had my own account on the computer, my own email to set up and I really felt like it was becoming my job. The last couple of days I've been doing things that are really my job like running to get paper for the office, getting the mail, sending interoffice mail, data entry for the scholarship students, etc.

I really think I'm going to like my job. That makes me happy.

1 comment:

Steph said...

I'm so happy for you! It sounds like it's going to be a really good position.

You'll have to keep us posted on how you like it. So we've been gone every time you've called this weekend. Sorry about that. And yes, we switched back to morning services at our church. : )

THANK GOD!

Love ya