Saturday, September 27, 2008

favorite things

I remember when I was a kid I would love to crunch things under my feet. Crunchy snow was one of my favorite things. I don't have that here, but every fall I do really have something that's great. Right outside our apartment is a huge oak tree and in the fall acorns fall. These are baby acorns that I'm sure would be going into the ground and planting new trees but they're falling on hard dirt/rocks and concrete; as well as cars, roofs, and random items on peoples decks. I LOVE to crunch the acorns that have fallen on the ground. I do feel like a kid again and with an almost three year old sometimes that's ok.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

great post. . . love the imagery! Wishing I was there to crunch acorns with you!

Sara said...

me too! I'm so excited to see you guys in just 8 weeks and 10 hours :)

Steph said...

Crunching snow it awesome! But squeaky snow is one of my least favorite things in the world...right up there with beets and Hitler.

Sara said...

I laughed out loud when I read this. John was doing homework and I felt bad, but it's funny!

Randy said...

When I was young walking on the snow I could hear the sound of styrofoam. I'd rather walk on bubble wrap. :)

Sara said...

I can relate to the snow/styrofoam thing, that is what it sounds like.

I too like bubble wrap. My co-worker found a little bit this morning and got really excited about it. I guess even as adults we still get excited about bubble wrap :)