Thursday, February 28, 2008

some encouragement

This morning at 4:00am Malachi woke up. It seems that every morning it gets earlier and earlier. When we started potty training he got up at 6:30 the first time. I fear that by the time we get to Minnesota in a couple of weeks he's going to be getting up at 2:00am, so please pray for that. I know it's because he needs to go potty but up until this morning he would hold it so long that he would just be up at that time.

This morning at 6:00 I told him that he was going back to sleep. He peed around 5:00 so I knew that, that wouldn't be a problem. Thank God he went back to sleep and slept until 7:30.

Anyway...the bit of encouragement is this. When he got up at 4:00 and 7:30 I let him stay in his room a couple of minutes instead of running in there right away (mostly because I was super tired). Both times he was dry! It seems that now I don't have to run as soon as I hear him sigh when he wakes up.

No comments: