Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Day 2 So Far

Day 2 has been surprisingly uneventful. He woke up early and had emptied his bladder in bed which is too bad, but certainly not the end of the world. When I got to him (I moved pretty fast) the pee was still warm, but he didn't have any left for the potty.

He peed in the potty about an hour later and hasn't peed at all since. He did sit on the potty two or three times after saying he had to pee. He didn't pee in the potty, but he didn't pee on the floor either. John suggested that he didn't get enough to drink, but I've given him at least one and a half juice boxes, maybe even two. So I don't know why he isn't peeing.

I fear that he'll be emptying his bladder in bed again. I did try to emphasize that we pee in the potty not in bed. We'll see if it holds. I'm going to wake him up (hopefully) from his nap and hopefully we'll make it to the potty in time to avoid wetting the bed.

Sorry there isn't much to tell. I'm not really discouraged at this point, just sleepy. I think he is getting a hold of the idea that we pee in the potty and not in the underwear. He's excited about no more diapers, frequently throughout the day he says "no more diapers!" and I reply with "yay, underwear!" and "yay we pee in the potty!"

I can't wait until I can brag that my child is potty trained. Oh, by the way, final tally of underwear used yesterday was 18. So far today we're on number 3. It's a big difference from number 11 that we were on at this time yesterday.

No comments: