Monday, October 8, 2007

writing, church, Malachi, retreat - not in that order

Yesterday's church service was awesome! The Holy Spirit really spoke to and through people. He certainly spoke to me and I’m excited to see the effects of it over the next few months. I’ll wait until later to post about it so that I can make sure it all comes true and so I don’t have to eat my own words later.

God’s really been speaking to me through his written word lately and today wasn’t any different. Since we have the women’s retreat on Friday and Saturday I veered off my normal reading and did some reading that the Women’s Pastor suggested to me. I’m glad I did because the Lord not only spoke to me but gave me some words that could be very encouraging for the ladies at the retreat if I get the chance to say something.

Speaking of the retreat, I’m very excited to go on it! Our Senior Pastor’s wife and I along with three other women make up the worship team and I’m excited and scared at the same time. I just pray that I remember the words and the notes. I want to glorify God with my solo and the rest of the singing I do. I know that any skill I show will only be because of him working through me. On this past Saturday I went to a woman’s house and a bunch of women worked to put stuff together for the retreat. Every woman will get a gift bag when they check in with some great stuff and each woman will get gifts and there are prizes galore. I had a great time with the women putting those things together.

After we put Malachi down for a nap yesterday we rearranged our living and dining rooms. I love doing that, I love changing up the place where I live. I’m so very happy that John did it (he really didn’t want to) and I’m so happy he did such a great job with all the video and sound equipment. Our living room looks homier and our dining room looks bigger. He had an awesome idea for a decoration in our dining room and we’re going to do it (another thing I’ll post about after it’s done) and I can’t wait.

Today I’ve been cleaning up the mess we made while rearranging so the rooms are really coming together – I’m just so excited about it! Since we’re probably going to be in this apartment for another three years (if the school lets us (there’s supposed to be a two year limit, but they’ve never enforced it)) so the homier it is the better. For Christmas I may be asking for gift cards from places like Home Depot and Michaels and such so we can make our visions for the apartment come alive.

Malachi’s been doing great lately. He’s showing how smart he is and how much independence he wants. I seem to see him as a follower, but at the same time he’s a follower that wants to do his own thing. It has been a little challenging but I think we have it easy compared to a lot of other parents.

I’ve started doing some work for my Senior Pastor with the stuff he writes for his Masters Degree at SAGU (Southwestern Assemblies of God University). I’m so glad that I’m privileged enough to read the stuff that he writes because he’s such a smart man with great insight into God’s Word.

Ok, I think that about sums me up right now :) I hope everyone had a great weekend and has a great week!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Finished with the re-org yet? How did you rearrange everything?

Anonymous said...

Okay, time for a new update!!! I need to know what's going on in your life! How about a photo update of the fam and how you rearranged your apartment??? We miss you guys!