Monday, October 22, 2007

The long awaited update

A couple of people have asked for updates, so here goes:

Not much has really gone on in the last couple of weeks. My girlfriend had her second baby so last Wednesday her first son (Simeon, 2) came over at 6:00am and was with us until 5:15 pm. Thank God my father-in-law was in town that day. He basically took care of Malachi while I took care of Simeon. Even with all that help I still was exhausted by the time he left. That same night we saw our friends Raul and Valerie after they got back from their wedding (Boston) and honeymoon (Jamaica). We got to see pictures from their honeymoon and their table cameras from their wedding. It looked like they had a great time. I'm so happy for them (and so sad that we couldn't make it to the wedding).

Malachi's progressing greatly as he always does. He astounds us with something new almost every day. He can now carry on half of a phone conversation all by himself, it goes something like this:

(phone ring noise here, optional)

"Hello?"
"Hi!"
"I'm fine"
"Bye"
laugh

All of this takes place without someone on the other line. When you do put someone on the other line, he may ask how you're doing, or he may reply to you asking him how he's doing. Otherwise, he probably wont do any of the other cute stuff.

I'm still working for my Pastor. He has an assignment due next Monday that is killing me with worry. He needs to have it in Turabian format and I'm so scared that I'm going to screw something up and screw up his grade. Lucky for me John can bring home a packet from school that's all about Turabian.

My women's retreat went really well. I had a ton of fun and was really blessed by many women. Funny retreat story: I put on makeup before I went and when I got there realized that I had forgotten my makeup remover. I asked around and couldn't find any from anyone. The next day when they were handing out prizes, my name got called. I was actually praying that my girlfriend's (Diana - who's not from my church but came with me, we had a great time together) name would be called, but it wasn't :( When I opened my prize I noticed that it was a Mary Kay sample bag with two different moisturizers, a lipstick case, and guess what else...that's right...makeup remover! I looked at Diana and said something to the effect of "now that's irony." It's a good thing they included tissues in our check in gift bag because the second day was full of testimonies from women and it was a teary eyed time.

I'm looking forward to the next couple of months. We have a lot going on:

Oct.
a date on Friday

Nov.
our anniversary on the 10th
Malachi's party on the 17
Thanksgiving the 22nd
Malachi's bday the 23rd

Dec.
Christmas the 25th
our friends Josh and Bethany come to visit on the 28th or 29th

I don't think we have anything before Christmas in December yet, but maybe I'm forgetting something.

We're already preparing for Christmas in the choir. It's been fun to sing Christmas songs (although we're not doing the traditional ones at practice yet). I get to learn a new but old Christmas song. One song that I never really learned was It Came Upon a Midnight Clear and we're doing that one. I think it will sound really nice with the choir.

The weather is finally cooling down here - yay! We've got rain and 60's for the next three days but after that it's going to be sunny and in the 70's that sounds perfect!

Well, when I start to talk about weather, I know it's time for me to be done.

Love to all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yeah for friends Josh and Bethany traveling in December!!! I can't wait! Its good to hear all is going well for you guys. I can't believe Malachi is turning 2!!! He's going to be so big when we meet him for the first time!