Sunday, September 2, 2007

So long, farewell Auf Weidersehen, goodbye




I realize it's funny that I used German in my title there, since we're going to China, but I like the lyrics, I think they are the perfect title to my goodbye blog.

Not my forever goodbye, who knows when that will be, this is just a temporary goodbye. To let you know that I love you guys, will miss you guys, but will see y'all soon.

I guess this sounds a bit melodramatic but I'm kind of in a weird mood right now. My baby is gone and John and I can do whatever we want for the first time in a year and 10 months - it's such a great and yet horrible feeling. I miss him already but at the same time I'm so relieved for the break. This vacation is going to be so good for John and I, it's sort of like a second honeymoon.

Thing to pray for:
- safety in travel (cars, planes, buses, trains)
- safety in country
- successful business meetings
- rest and relaxation
- that the Lord would speak to us and that we would obey
- little to no difficulty in communication
- easy, fun shopping times

We leave tomorrow at 9:00am central time, we get there 8:00am central time on Tuesday - never before have I traveled for 23 hours straight. We leave the morning of the 17th and get back on the evening of the 17th (that's where we get our day back :) Check here for updates throughout the next two weeks.

Love and God's blessings to all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Take care our friends!!!! You will be in our thoughts and prayers! Hopefully we'll see some updates through your journey here on the blog! Can't wait to talk to you when you return! God Bless

Anonymous said...

Are you back yet???? Can't wait to see your pictures! How'd Malachi fare with the grandparents? Maybe I should ask, how'd Jon's parents fare with Malachi???!? =) God Bless