Thursday, January 9, 2014

Don’t make decisions on day 1

One shouldn’t make decisions on day 1 of potty training.

It’s such an emotional day, that one should refrain from any important thoughts. I think that yesterday I made and un-made and re-made many decisions.

Day 1 of potty training is similar to having an infant as far as stress-levels go. You’re all…

You also doubt everything you’re doing. It’s one of those days where you need to remind yourself that you’re not a total fail as a parent.

At the end of the day (with my potty-training style) the pull ups (a.k.a. “special nighttime underwear”) go on and you can breath a sigh of relief knowing you have about 11 hours of peace…and dryness.

Our day 2 was much easier than day 1. I felt comfortable making decisions yesterday. Day 3 (today) has been another hard one. We filled his little bladder to the limits and he couldn’t hold it in! Tomorrow – less water!

This morning, he woke up at 3:30 a.m. His nighttime underwear was full when he woke up, and I think he’s reached the point where he wakes up and realizes that he’s peeing. I remember Simon going through this thing during potty training. I hope he doesn’t continue a crazy-early wake up like Simon did. Otherwise, I’m gonna be all…

Though I don’t drink coffee, so I’ll be all, “I need green tea in an IV.” Good thing I have lots.

No comments: