Tuesday, August 25, 2009

So busy

Remember when I said we had a fun weekend planned and I was going to blog about it afterward? Well I keep forgetting to blog and then when I remember I realize I'm not done doing stuff so I can wait to blog.

I don't really feel like writing a long blog because I'm quite tired from everything that's gone on. So I'm going to write quick blurbs, if you will, on what fun we had the last few days.

Friday: After I made eggs benedict for dinner for the first time (gonna have to work on not curddling the sauce) we headed over to John's co-workers home for a Mah Jong Party. Mah Jong is nothing like it is on the computer, it was so much fun for us. We stayed until mid-night.

Saturday: John, Malachi, and I went to the National Air and Space Museum. We've been there before, but no matter what we suggested to Malachi, he wanted to go to Air and Space. We had a good time running after Malachi there (he really loves that place). After an hour there, we went to an IMAX documentary about a fighter pilot. Malachi really liked that, I was so grateful. I stayed home that night with Malachi, while John went out with his class mates. He had a great time.

Sunday: We went to church for the third time in a row. I really think now, that that's the church we're going to call home. After a three hour nap John encouraged me to go out with some girls to a movie because I had to stay home the night before. So I got a couple of girls to go with me to (500) Days of Summer. It's a great movie, and I'd recommend it for anyone, boys or girls.

Monday: John had a very, very short work day (9-12 to be exact). After he got home we made our way about an hour and a half west of here to the Luray Caverns. We had a great time! Malachi and I had never been to anything like that, so it was a first for both of us. We visited their Car and Carriage museum that had modes of transportation from the 1840's to the 1940's. They had some really cool stuff. We got some homemade fudge...mmm. After that we headed into their hedge maze. We got two of the four goals before getting frustrated and left.

Today: This morning I saw my friend Jaime's status saying she was bringing her kids to DC. I immediately called her and asked if I could join them. Malachi and I hopped on the Metro and made our way for the National Museum of Natural History. We've been there before, but all of our kids love that museum, and they had a great time. After a few hours there including lunch we all had to go. So Malachi and I rode the Metro back, but had to walk home from the Metro stop. It's almost a mile, and it was hot. Poor Malachi was not very happy at all.

Wow! What a weekend/beginning of week. I have plans tomorrow too...as long as my girlfriend still remembers :) I have no idea what to label this post.

3 comments:

Crystal said...

I hope you had a great time!!! Gld to hear you are napping as you have to be exhausted : ) Blessings to you ~

Crystal said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sara said...

Thanks Crystal! I can't wait to meet you guys next month. If you need any help with anything let me know.