Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Happy 7th Anniversary and the honeymoon's over

Yesterday was my 7th wedding anniversary. Wow...7 years. It's a crazy thing to think that it's been that long. It's gone by so fast. John and I are doing well. We're very happy and we love where we're at in life.

We celebrated our anniversary on Saturday night with dinner at an Indian Restaurant and tickets to a play called Noises Off. It was a great date! Malachi spent the night at a couple's house and they brought him to church the next morning.

Yesterday we worked, but John came home an hour early. When he got home he and Malachi woke me up from my nap (Malachi had woken up shortly before John got home and hadn't woken me up yet). Afte I woke up we exchanged anniversary gifts. I gave John a leather laptop carry case. Funnily enough he also got me a bag. But my present is a gorgeous red oversized purse. Inside the purse was a halloween sized candy bag of Tootsie Rolls (opened up and inside every pocket and the rest of them inside the main pocket), a clutch purse, a wallet, a small notebook, 4 pens, 9 packs of gum, Aleve, an Umbrella, and rubberized hair bands that will actually stay in place! I also got a coupon with all my smaller presents, in my card, and in each pocket in the purse. I'm so excited to use them, here's a list of them:

One (1) Dinner at Antares Restaurant (good after February 2009(because Wolfgang Puck is opening it and we have been looking forward to eating there))

$50 for spa or salon services x2

One (1) dinner at a restaurant of your choice

One (1) trip to the shooting range

$50 clothes shopping spree x3

One (1) girls night out or in (my treat for the girls)

Dinner, a Movie, and a night at a Hotel

$50 for makeup and accessories x2

There are 12 coupons so I get to use one a month for the next 12 months! I'm so excited for all of them.

I have to say that my husband is so great at presents. He always knows how to make me happy. We had an ok dinner (I messed up the Shepherd's Pie), and after that our friends came over because we wanted to challenge them to a rematch of Spades because they kicked our butts big time on Sunday night. It didn't really change much last night. They still kicked our butts.

This morning at 5:00 AM we woke up to hear Malachi coughing and burping big. It turns out that he puked. Since he puked three weeks ago and was fine, I thought he'd be fine again. So I gave him some crackers. Shortly thereafter he puked again. I haven't gotten to go to the gym yet this morning so I hope I get to go later.

Malachi may have a stomach bug. Please pray for him today.

No comments: